Here are some of the changes from the last two weeks of development:
- Support for CrossOver.
- Auto-detection of supported Wine features.
- Support for a number of Staging features and common patches:
- CSMT (both dll and patched versions, ie. Wine-Staging, CrossOver and custom Wine versions are all supported)
- DXVA2 VAAPI
- EAX Emulation
- “Run in a terminal” More >
I’ve overhauled the packaging of Vineyard, and we now have builds back up for all LTS (long term support) Ubuntu releases going back to 12.04 (Precise) as well as for 15.10 (Wily) and 16.04 (Xenial). 16.04 deprecated the python-support package in favour of dh-python (in line with Debian), so Vineyard More >
Vineyard has seen some development during the past few weeks and has received bug-fixes and new features! Some of the more advanced functionality – that was previously only supported by editing the wrapper.cfg file – is now easily accessible!
Here’s a list of some the most visible changes:
- Creating a prefix has More >
Release changes Now that package recipes in Launchpad are out of beta, Vineyard will start publishing daily builds instead of the testing releases you’ve seen so far.
This means that although there is already a new daily build out, it does not yet include functioning theme support (not in the GUI at More >
There are a bunch of features already brewing in Vineyard, but what would you most like to see show up in the next release?
Here’s a few of the things I’ve been working on, but feel free to suggest your own ideas.
- Programs page speed-up/improvements
- Colour-“theme” editing
- Windows theme support
- Making it possible to disable More >
I released a new beta version the other day, but didn’t post a changelog. Well, here’s yet another release already, and therefore also the changelogs for both releases. UPDATE: Pre12 didn’t have the prefix Add/Remove buttons in vineyard-preferences hooked up, so another new release!
- Prefix Add/Remove buttons work again
- Remove button More >
If you’re interested in the technical stuff, python-wine can now read all the contained info in a Windows shell link More >
A few people experienced issues with the previous testing release and there were indeed a few show stopping issues, so let’s bring on the bug fix release!
Fixed in pre10: python-wine:
- python-wine will now exit with a fitting message if Wine is not installed
- If the default prefix doesn’t exist on access it More >
- Supports symlinking a directory to a configuration
- Relative file-paths work
- New icons for all themes based on Connor Carney’s new design
- Program adding is implemented
- Lot’s of fixes for program editing
- All programs that can be More >
Finally! It’s late, it’s Christmas and the next test release has been uploaded!
- Program editing works now
- Running programs (especially from vineyard-cli) is more stable and easier with regards to syntax and also works much better with older programs and patchers
- Loading and saving settings is somewhat faster now
- Nautilus now shows an InfoBar More >