Release changes Now that package recipes in Launchpad are out of beta, Vineyard will start publishing daily builds instead of the testing releases you’ve seen so far.
This means that although there is already a new daily build out, it does not yet include functioning theme support (not in the GUI at More >
I released a new beta version the other day, but didn’t post a changelog. Well, here’s yet another release already, and therefore also the changelogs for both releases. UPDATE: Pre12 didn’t have the prefix Add/Remove buttons in vineyard-preferences hooked up, so another new release!
- Prefix Add/Remove buttons work again
- Remove button More >
A few people experienced issues with the previous testing release and there were indeed a few show stopping issues, so let’s bring on the bug fix release!
Fixed in pre10: python-wine:
- python-wine will now exit with a fitting message if Wine is not installed
- If the default prefix doesn’t exist on access it More >
- Supports symlinking a directory to a configuration
- Relative file-paths work
- New icons for all themes based on Connor Carney’s new design
- Program adding is implemented
- Lot’s of fixes for program editing
- All programs that can be More >
Finally! It’s late, it’s Christmas and the next test release has been uploaded!
- Program editing works now
- Running programs (especially from vineyard-cli) is more stable and easier with regards to syntax and also works much better with older programs and patchers
- Loading and saving settings is somewhat faster now
- Nautilus now shows an InfoBar More >
There have been a few requests for a testing PPA, so that has now been created.
You can find it here or add it to your sources by running the following commands in a terminal:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cybolic/vineyard-testing
sudo apt-get update
and then install Vineyard by running the following command:
sudo apt-get install More >
After months of hard work I finally feel that Vineyard and python-wine are ready for a beta release.
Program adding is not enabled yet, but here are lots of other goodies: indicator support, winetricks integration, pre-installation of support packages when double-clicking an exe, new configuration options, direct ISO/BIN/NRG/IMG/MDF support for drives, More >